When it comes to marketing their business, today\’s entrepreneurs are presented with a mountain of
options. Is becoming viral a good idea? Is it necessary to keep things simple? Is it possible that we\’ll just
do it on the spur of the moment? – Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever do that It
does, however, cause a lot of confusion for businesses, since the last thing they need or want to do is
spend time, money, and effort into a failed concept.
We\’ll compare and contrast the benefits and drawbacks of both Internet and traditional marketing in
this article. Hopefully, we will be able to assist you in making these critical decisions. Marketing in the
Old Ways When we talk about \”conventional marketing,\” we\’re talking about direct sales via media like
radio, mail, and print advertising.
Traditional Marketing\’s Advantages:
It may be the only option to contact a specific target market, such as elderly, retired workers
who are unlikely to be visible online.
Person-to-person selling, which falls into this category, is often regarded as one of the most
effective methods of marketing a product or service. Especially when the conditions are
Traditional marketing has a lot of tangibility, which is fantastic. A hard copy of advertising is
typically available, which customers appreciate because it is something they can look at at their
Traditional marketing has a number of disadvantages.
For one, it is a pricey kind of advertising; everything from television commercials to brochures is
expensive. Regardless of the benefits, the financial burden will almost certainly be heavier,
particularly for small enterprises.
This method makes tracking results and obtaining genuine quantitative responses considerably
It\’s likely that you\’ll need to hire someone to help you create the materials for your traditional
marketing. This can also raise costs.
Consumers may perceive it as coercive because they don\’t normally ask for it, yet it is
nevertheless shoved in their faces.
Internet Marketing Now let\’s take a look at viral marketing and how the internet has aided numerous
businesses in increasing sales and prestige. Many firms employ a combination of website building, social
media, email, banner ads, and other tactics to attract online audiences.
Internet Marketing\’s Advantages
Results are considerably more measurable, and decision-making is improved as a result of
genuine facts and quantitative results.
Businesses can engage directly with customer groups and individuals via social media. It\’s similar
to word-of-mouth on the internet.
It is a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing.
Internet marketing can benefit you whether you are a new or existing business, large or little.
You have a far higher chance of building relationships with clients because to the internet.
You may send messages instantly, and they reach a large number of people in a short period of
time. Internet Marketing\’s Drawbacks
Customers that are extremely engaging on the internet are critical to the company\’s long-term
It can be time demanding; the content must be developed, reviewed, approved, and published;
comments must be responded to, and regular maintenance must be carried out.
Because of the numerous forums, blogs, social media sites, and other activities in which you
participate, there is a risk of inconsistency. Just take care!
But what is the best option? There was no doubt before the internet that traditional marketing was the
only option. Consumers, on the other hand, have come to expect all businesses to have an online
presence since the internet frenzy began. The key, though, is to strike a balance! Both approaches are
Experts say that 80 percent of your marketing should be done online, with the remaining 20%
using traditional marketing approaches, due to the affordability and effectiveness of internet
marketing. It\’s all about the percentages!